Show Us and Win a Full Scholarship to MODA Modeling School! MODA Modeling School and Paris Metro Couture are sponsoring an all NEW Styling Contest and the winner gets to go to modeling school for FREE! Pick up your new beautiful outfit and the contest rules at any of the Paris Metro Couture locations or MODA Production locations. Wear it, Style it and Submit your entries to Helene Diplomat by April 9th at 7pm SLT. Happy Styling!
We invite you to participate in this amazing contest where you can win a tuition free scholarship to the MODA MODELING SCHOOL. This is a 10,000L scholarship to MODA MODELING SCHOOL.
You will be invited to participate and attend the very best modeling school in Second Life. This is an eight (8) week semester with four (4) classes per week held usually around 6:00 or 7:00 pm SLT.
Contest begins on Monday, March 12, 2012
Contest closes on Monday, April 9, 2012 at 7:00 pm SLT
Judges will start reviewing the snapshots on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 and submit their top three (3) choices no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm SLT
Winner will be announced on Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 6:00pm am SLT at the MODA Celebration party. Winner will be notified by notecard.
Classes begin Tuesday, April 24, 2012
1) Visit one of the following locations to pick up the 100L contest outfit graciously designed by PARIS METRO COUTURE
- Paris Metro main store
- MODA Production Studios
- MODA Productions Kiosks
2) Wear the outfit and style it like a winner.
3) Take two (2) snapshots in SL. One snapshot should be a head shot and the other should be a full body shot. NO Photoshop alterations will be permitted. No sexually explicit snapshots will be accepted.
4) Create a notecard and name it: MODA SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST – (your avatar name)
The notecard should contain:
- your avatar name
- your SL birthday
- your email address
- a headshot (while wearing the Paris Metro contest outfit) – full perm
- a full body shot (while wearing the Paris Metro contest outfit) – full perm
5) Send the notecard to: Helene Diplomat
DISPLAY AND JUDGING:
A display board with all entries will be set up outside the MODA Production Studios at the following location:
The snapshots can also be viewed on our FLICKR page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629155514022/
The judging panel will be composed of designers and top models (not part of the MODA Team)
These respected judges will have 2 days to submit their top three (3) picks via notecard to Helene Diplomat.
Judges will start reviewing the snapshots on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 and submit their top three (3) choices no later than Friday, April 13 6:00 pm SLT
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Open to SL residents born before December 1st 2011
- The following types of residents will not be allowed to enter the contest
- MODA team members
- Residents currently teaching or coaching for any other modeling school or any other modeling agency
- Residents currently working in a management capacity or role for any other modeling school or any other modeling agency
- We would respectfully ask that if you cannot commit to our intense eight week semester schedule starting on April 3rd 2012 that you do not participate in this contest
READ THE FINE PRINT:
1. Please note that a submission can be disqualified if it EITHER subjects the submitter or MODA to legal jeopardy or compromises MODA’s intellectual property or trade secret interests. This includes words or imagery:
a.That are sexually charged or suggestive,
b.That depict acts of violence or cruelty,
c.That attack or disparage or present in a false light ANY individual or group of people as such,
d.That are otherwise vile, nasty or otherwise uncivil,
e.That make false performance claims about MODA products and technologies, or
f.That use the likeness, words or other intellectual property of a celebrity (for example, a movie star or rock star) without appropriate permission to do so.
2. The contest entrant must own the copyright for all content or post authorization to use copyrighted or use-restricted content.
3. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
4. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which MODA Productions may deem appropriate.
5. One entry per person.
6. NO PLEDGE, OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN
7. Inability to contact a prize winner after reasonable efforts (as determined solely by MODA Productions) may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed.
8. WINNER AGREES to abide by the rules of this contest, and is specifically subject to the rules of MODA Modeling School. MODA Modeling school attendee will be required to sign and abide by the MODA Modeling School Student Agreement. Acceptance to MODA Modeling School does not guarantee graduation. Completion of work and attendance at MODA Modeling School is the sole responsibility of the attendee.
MODA MODELING SCHOOL STUDENT AGREEMENT
Please read this carefully. Your enrollment in MODA is subject certain rules and expectations. You are responsible for knowing the following rules. Any violation of the rules subjects you to expulsion from the school and banishment from all MODA lists and activities.
1. Expelled students are not entitled to a refund of the enrollment fee.
2. You must treat all instructors and designers, and classmates with respect.
3. You must be on time to class. Excessive tardy attendance may subject you to a retake of that subject.
4. No IMs to MODA instructors or guest speakers during class.
5. Assigned homework must be completed before attending the next class or on the deadline given by the instructors.
6. NO ROLE PLAYING. No collars, furries, parents, children, masters, mistresses, and no guests may attend class with you.
7. All coursework must be completed before attending and Runway Workshops.
8. Eligibility for graduation requires the successful completion of at least 1 showcase event.
9. Models for each show are selected by the designers and runway staff.
10. Eligibility for graduation is at the sole discretion of MODA instructors.
11. Inability to abide by each of these rules will result in being expelled.
12. Expelled students will not graduate.
13. These rules are subject to change as needed.
Original content from MODA Fashion SL